திங்கள், 11 ஆகஸ்ட், 2008

Long due

My daughter vivegha is chatting with her friend "You know, we(India) should have finished in the top 5.I dunno how we can finishat 6? I'm really disappointed". Her friend says "Yeah, the bar has gone down, hopefully india will finish in top 5 in the next olympics".I am listening to their conversation and i say - "Hey, 6 is not such a bad position, you know...". I am interrupted by my daughter - "Appa, 6 may be ok for another country but not for a country like us - so big in area, such a huge population,leaders in IT & research...", she goes on & on.I smile noddingly and i slip down the memory lane....
"Abhinav Bindra creates history, wins the first ever individual olympic gold" - screams all newspapers, people are jubilant, filled with ecstasy beyond words.I'm very happy as i get the news from my colleagues.I chat with my friends -"How many more do you forsee?". All of us agree anywhere between 3-5 medals and we are happy at that thought.
I come back to the present, oh, this is 2020 and the olympics just concluded.I just travelled down memory lane to 2008 when it all started...

கருத்துகள் இல்லை: