ஞாயிறு, 6 பிப்ரவரி, 2011

She - वो - அவள்

I was coming out of Dakshineswar kali temple, Kolkota with my wife & kid.My heart was almost full(yet to visit belur math,hence..) as at last i had fulfilled my long held desire.We came out to have lunch before leaving to belur math by ferry. When we came out of the main gate, there were numerous beggars(some of them lepers) sitting on one side.They were busy in their afternoon duty asking for alms. The whole place was filthy, with a drainage nearby and add to it the dirty clothes of the beggars.
    Then my(maybe my wife's i don't remember) eyes fell on a young lady(probably in her early 20's)sitting in their midst, not asking for alms.Instead, she had a mehendhi box with colors & different type of design stones.She was sitting right between the beggars with a very shabby cloth but eyes full of hope. I looked at my wife and she nodded happily. We took our kutty to her for putting mehendhi on her hand.She(kutti & the lady) was overjoyed. Kutti started selecting the design from those she had and finally chose one. The lady lovingly put it on my kid's hands.
Me - "कितना ?(How much?)".
Lady - "पंद्रह रूपैः (Fifteen rupees)"
I gave her 20 rupees. She did not even have five rupees - we were the first customer in the entire day(it was close to 2P.M).
I told her - "रक् लीजिये (Keep it)".
She gratefully thanked(probably kali) and kept the money in her torn carpet.
I still remember her(sometimes with tears in my eyes) even after a month -
Not to beg even if amongst beggars - reminded me the master's words - "Not to become filth even if amongst them"
சேற்றில் மலர்ந்த செந்தாமரையோ?

1 கருத்து:

ME சொன்னது…
இந்த கருத்து ஆசிரியரால் அகற்றப்பட்டது.